Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another lunch bag

Over the last week, I've been very productive. One of my friends in office commented that sewing can be very addictive. You just can't stop sewing one after another. She's right! Right after I've sewn the Japanese style bag, I've made another one using the pattern from the same book that I've made the earlier bag. The bags are great but the instructions are all in mandarin and not very precise. So, if you are interested, you can buy one and try your hand on some of the projects. I'll be happy to translate if you need : )


I've made in quickly as I was also trying to finish 2 circle skirts so didn't take picture of the steps.  I've used the basic outline of the pattern but adjusted to a smaller scale as I've actually use a big hankerchief for this project. I've alot of these big size hankies that I've received which I don't think I'll ever use. The print are very pretty so it's a pity to throw them away. So, I've scale the pattern down so that it fits my hankie.


I've actually added interfacing to my fabric as I wanted it to have some body. This was not mention in the book. Here's the finish product.  Looks alike a spaghetti-strapped blouse!

No comments: