Monday, May 16, 2011

Simple skirts


Do you like what you see? I'm so pleased with myself and my sewing machine. Not that I invented the steps to sew the skirts, but my dear sewing machine was so cooperative today and I finish both skirts at one go : )

Friday is the dress-down day of the whole week for me at the office.  I had on many occasions, open my wardrobe and found nothing that it exciting or interesting to wear on Fridays. It's always jean + T-shirt or knit blouse.  I don't really have a lot of informal skirts. Not sure why but I've tons of work wear and dresses. I love dresses and like my husband said, my favourite work colours are black, dark blue and grey. Well, it's easier to coordinate office wear with these 3 safe colours but not very exciting.  I had in mind to sew myself a nice skirt when I'm free and then I chance upon a simple skirt tutorial by Dana.

I know for simple skirt you don't really need a tutorial. But when I saw those pretty skirts that Dana made, I'm really inspired to try too. I've got this green polka dots with red flower fabric that I bought from Spotlight some time ago and had in mind to sew a dress. But I guess a skirt will also do since I don't really have a lot of time to measure myself and I thought I want to wear it tomorrow!

Ha. It's really easy. You should try it. In no time at all, you will be sewing tons of them : ) I know I did.  Sew a smaller version for my eldest girl.  The only difference between the 2 skirt is the width is 1.5 times of the waist as I don't want it to be too full while my girl's is 2 times.  I've also adjusted the fabric print so that the position of the row of flowers will look slightly different.

Hehehe...I can't stop grinning...I'm definitely going to try some more to give away.

No comments: