Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Scarf to Skirt

I'm in the midst of completing my Father's Day surprise for my husband and didn't have time to do any serious sewing for the past week. On top of the busy schedule, I fell sick and didn't get any sewing done. But I managed to finish a refashion project!

This was the BEFORE photo - a Red scarf

And AFTER - a kid sized skirt!

I've used the fold over elastic for this project and it really save time of having to sew the waist band and inserting the elastic. I bought some of these fold over elastic (which is use to sew the waistband of ladies panties) from the Textile centre. They have limited colour range and sizes but I'm glad I bought some.

I've used zig zag stitch on my machine to sew them over the raw edge. It's really simple so no tutorial here. Just cut the scarf into half and sew the side seams together. The good thing is the hem are already hemmed! Just encase the raw edge on top with the fold over elastic and you are done!

close up on the fold over elastic
 This will fit my 1 year old girl perfectly. Go try some refashion project if you haven't. I promise you that it'll be very addictive and fun, plus its super quick too!

No comments: