Thursday, October 13, 2011

KCWC Day 4

A simple pocket skirt with lace

My niece visited me this afternoon so I didn't get to sew much. We went shopping for fabric at Chinatown with my mum and niece. I was glad that I had the afternoon free with my mum and we talked alot. It was good to shop with mum. We had a good time and bought some fabric.  Here's some of what I've bought.


It's cotton fabric on sale at $3 per yard!

I'm going to make a skirt out of this one. It's $3 per yard too!

Anyway, I let my niece choose a fabric that she likes and made her a skirt that every afternoon after we came back from Chinatown. It's a simple skirt with lace hem and a pocket with lace details! And I only used 1/4 yard!

I love the sweet pocket. With the elastic waistband, and pocket, and lace, measuring, cutting, sewing and ironing, it took less than 1 hour!


She's very happy with the skirt and pose for me. Isn't she sweet : )

No comments: