Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Green Stripe Bag

I made a bag for my youngest sister for her birthday recently. Since I started sewing regularly, I tried to make birthday gifts if I can. I love this bag, it's simple and I made it really quick. 


It's a stripe home deco fabric that I bought from Ikea.  I cut the front and back pieces both face up so that I can match the print nicely.  Do you recognised the fabric used in the inner part of the bag? It's the same fabric that I used for the pillowcase dress.  The bag is also interfaced to make it stand up.

The pattern is from Simplicity 4116. Only 2 pattern pieces. I made some slight modification with the handle. Didn't insert the D rings as can't find the right size for 4 of them.



Don't it looks good. My sister said she will use it as a lunch bag : )

Pin It

No comments: