Monday, June 18, 2012

Peter Pan Collar Top


I found Kinokuniya Orchard carry the Cucito magazine! The last time I saw one was at Popular at Bishan Junction 8.

I love the Cucito Spring 2012 magazine issue as there are a few woman pattern besides the cute children clothes and bags/hats. One of it is this Peter Pan Collar Top. It also comes in dress but I feel that the long dress version looks like a maternity wear!

The back has a row of fabric covered buttons which I made using a $2 covered button kit from Daiso!


The top also has pleats at the front and back shoulder.  I think the bodice is still wide so I cut off 1.5cm from both side seams.  I also use size S instead of my usual size M since Japanese pattern usually run loose.


The pattern call for a bias tape hem at the sleeves but I decided to do some pleats instead to save the hassle of cutting another piece of fabric.


I also eliminated the bias tapes at the neckline and use white twill tape instead. It hides the raw edge and has some stretch to it to accommodate the curve neckline

I love the big peter pan collar and buttons at the back. There are some lines at the sleeve, maybe of my drooping shoulder? Or is it too tight? Anyone got any idea how to remove them?


It's a nice top and I think it will look good with my new shorts that I made using another pattern from another Cucito January 2012 issue. Share more on this later.

No comments: