Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pink Polka Ruffle Dress



I made this pretty dress from this Japanese book for my youngest girl.  The book was bought from Kinokuniya Singapore.  The pattern was the first pattern on the book. The original design called for a linen ruffle dress but since I've got this pink cotton polka dots and my girl really loves pink, I made it anyway.

It was good practice for me to use some of the methods mentioned in the book.  Like the ruffle at the neckline.  I had to press frequently to make sure that the ruffle stay in place. Found a matching pink Strawberry button for the dress.


The ric rac details on the pocket is another of my favorite.  I can't believe that it was so easy and it really make the dress extra special.


And the bias tape binding at the arm holes.  Recognise the fabric from my Peter Pan Collar Top?


She wore it to church on Sunday and received a lot of compliment from friends. The book also cover a lot of other patterns like pants, blouse and even knit jackets. I'm happy to got this book since the items have many small details that really enhance the look and feel of the pieces.

If you are interested, you can look out for it at Amazon or your local bookstore. The pattern comes in size 90cm to 120cm which I think is for 1 year to 7 years, depending on the size of your kids.

No comments: