Friday, September 14, 2012

Simplicity 2451 Skirt



I made view C using a cheap fabric that I got from Chinatown for $3 per yard! Not sure what's the fabric content but it has some stretch to it so I went down the sizing and it works fine.

I especially like the york infront which I interface so it has some body and structure. But not sure about the front pleats because it makes the skirt to be so puffy. It could be good news though since it hides my tummy : P

Close up on the pleats in front. I love the pockets though.


The back view.


I think the length of the skirt is just nice and for the attaching of facing to the zipper, I actually use Colette's tutorial on inserting zippers with facing to guide me cause I think it is much clearer, in my opinion.

Overall, I would say this is an easy project and I didn't have to adjust much. Will try view B in normal cotton fabric next since this was like a wearable muslin. Maybe one in black.

No comments: