Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yoke Tunic


I love this tunic. The pattern was from Cucito Summer 2012 issue. I've used some fabric I got from Ikea for this.


The original design has a different fabric for the yoke and sleeve cuffs but I just use the same fabric for all.  I made size M since S is abit tight at the hip for me. I had originally intend to lengthen the sleeves by 2" since I'm not using the sleeve cuff but forgot when I cut my fabric.


Love love the yoke. The instruction given was in drawing so it was a breeze sewing it up. Just note that the back neckline seam allowance will not align to the front neckline because you will be using bias tapes to bind them. So, when attaching front and back bodice, align the seams along the armholes.



The back view with buttons. Sewing the rows of button holes with my Janome is really a breeze. I love how easy it is now. The tunic has some gathers below the front yoke and back yoke to make it more fitted on the bodice.

I think this would also look nice in white too. There is a kid's version so maybe I can make one for my girl for a mother and child look!

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A very flattering top! Beautiful fabric, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your tunic top. any chance I can buy this pattern anywhere? thank you. Elizabeth

Eunice said...

Hi Liz
I got the pattern from the Japanese Sewing magazine Cucito Summer 2012. If you google around, you can find them at ebay, easy or even your local Kinokuniya.