Friday, March 28, 2014

Sailboat Ruffle Dress



This is one of my favourite dress that I've made for my girl.  One of the reasons is of course the use of my favourite Out to Sea fabric by Sarah Jane.

I used a pattern from this Japanese Book.



The pattern is without lining but I added lining because the fabric is a bit sheer.  And the lining really make the dress full and fluffy because of the gathers.


I fussy cut the front yoke with the sailboat on the left shoulder and make sure the sailboats are on the hem of the skirt.  I love the sailboat on the yoke and the seawater makes it looks really special.


Here's the back view of the dress.  I also fussy cut the cloud to be on the back yoke portion but it is not so clear in the photo.



The ruffle is also very pretty and add just the right girly factor to the dress.


Alas, I've only bought 1.5 yard and I was greedy to try to squeeze a dress and a skirt so the back and front is not match nicely : (

But it is still a cute dress and I'm so happy the way it turns out.  I'm so happy that I will photo bomb my girl in her dress..hehehe... I'm a proud mama!






EDIT TO ADD: March 30/14
I’m linking up to this Link Party.
Make It and Love It

No comments: