Monday, May 5, 2014

Floral and Grey Plantain



I've been so late in sewing up the Plantain from Deer and Doe.

It is a free pattern from Deer and Doe, an independent pattern maker from France. The description given is a T-shirt fitted at shoulders and flare at hips.

I've sewn up 2 versions, not counting the muslin, making short, long and 3/4 sleeves.



Here are both my short sleeve and 3/4 sleeve versions.  The floral ones are made from Heather Ross's Briar Rose line "Calico in Pink". I only got 1 yard so I was quite apprehensive sewing with it. But the quality is so good and stable that I've no issue sewing it up.



During my muslin stage, I realised that the size 36 is slightly tight at my bust. I was too lazy to cut out a bigger size since I've already printed out so I just eye ball and trace a bigger Seam Allowance when I sew the other 2. The hip is just nice so I tapper down to size 36 at the hip.  I also added pockets for my top.



For the grey knit version, I used a knit that I got from Spotlight. It was thinner but still workable. I use the Briar Rose for my pocket piece.


Next I think I can trace it longer to make it into a dress!

No comments: